We are pressing the media to be part of solving the climate crisis by calling to account reporters and media outlets who fail to connect the dots between their stories — about weather, storms, fires, pollution, health — and the climate emergency.
The Climate Crisis calls for a new paradigm in the 4th Estate.
We are calling on the media industry to:
- Adopt a Public Service Ethos: Join the fight to solve the Climate Crisis.
- Report the Carbon Pollution & Climate Emergency: Cover the Carbon Clock weekly.
- Make the Climate Crisis an Editorial Priority: Connect stories, solutions, politics.
- Link Extreme Weather to Carbon Count to Global Warming to Solutions.
- Cover the Health Impacts of the Climate Crisis: Costs in lives, productivity, healthcare.
- Stop False Equivalency & Ensure Commentator Transparency.
- Divest. Go Zero-Emissions. Ban Fossil Fuel Company Ads.
- Say it Bigger! Climate Crisis! Red Alert! Earth in Danger!
- Explain: Clean energy, economic impacts, legislative solutions, the politics, the movement, the opposition.
- Cover this like your child’s life depends on it.
Contact the media. Let them know they’re missing the bigger and more important story!
Learn how to advocate for better media coverage here
Help save Earth. We can’t do it without you.
350NYC MEDIA TASK FORCE