- Fill out the Action In-Take Form
- Sign up for NYC Actions & Movement Updates
- Join 350NYC FB & Instagram. Twitter @350NYC.org
- Click to Find your Elected Officials
JOIN MONTHLY 350NYC MEETINGS
1st Wed: Local Issues Working Group 7:00-9:00 pm
2nd Wed: Transportation Working Group 7:00-9:00 pm
3rd Wed: Media Task Force 7:00-9:00 pm
4th Wed: General Monthly Meeting 7:00-9:00 pm (First time attendees join at 6:30 for orientation)
All meetings take place via Zoom until we can safely resume our regular meetings at The New York Society for Ethical Culture, 2 W. 64th Street, NY, NY. See our Meeting Calendar for Zoom info.
SWITCH TO 100% GREEN ENERGY NOW
This helps fund 350NYC and leads the transition to renewables! Switching is fast and easy, whether you rent or own. No need to install solar on your roof. You get the same service from your current utility company and maintain the same reliability, but your energy comes from wind or solar.
Climate Reality Action: Stop the Astoria and Danskammer power plants
New York State’s Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) has stated that two proposed fracked gas power plants — Astoria NRG in Queens and Danskammer in Newburgh, Orange County — appear to be “inconsistent with or would interfere with the attainment of the Statewide GHG emission limits.” The DEC also announced a 60-day public comment period for the proposed fracked gas power plants. Hundreds of Astoria residents took to the street last summer to march against the power plant. We also stand in solidarity with those fighting the Danskammer power plant in Newburgh. These new power plants are clearly incompatible with New York’s emissions goals and the state’s commitment to transitioning to clean energy. We have a rare opportunity to stop these unnecessary, wasteful power plants from ever being built. Please file your own comments against the Astoria NRG and Dankammer power plants.
File your comment against the Astoria plant
File your comment against the Danskammer plant
Support the Break Free From Plastic Pollution Act!
The Break Free From Plastic Pollution Act of 2021 (BFFPPA) builds on successful statewide laws across the country and outlines practical plastic reduction strategies to realize a healthier, more sustainable, and more equitable future.Tell your representatives it’s time to support the Break Free From Plastic Pollution Act of 2021 for the health and future of humans, animals, waterways, oceans, and the environment.
Stop the Money Pipeline: Stop Line 3
When a bank funds Line 3 what is it actually funding? Among other things, funding Line 3 means funding the violation of treaty rights; it means funding riot gear and weapons that are used to brutalize nonviolent Water Protectors; it means funding a tar sands pipeline that will have a climate impact four times greater than the entire country of Scotland. But on July 22nd, Enbridge has three major bank loans, worth nearly $5 billion, that are due for renewal. Megabanks like Wells Fargo and Citibank have a big decision ahead of them: walk away from Enbridge or renew their loans and keep funding Line 3. Can you send an email to the CEOs and executives at ten of Line 3’s largest funders to demand that they walk away from Line 3 when those loans expire?
Support the Campaign to Divest the New York State Teachers’ Retirement System (NYSTRS)
Even though the legislative session is over, our campaign is showing results. 70 legislators have signed on in support of the bill to divest. NYSTRS, feeling the pressure, agreed to report to the legislature by the end of December on their “climate risk and opportunity analysis as it pertains to our assets”. Although, it’s great news that NYSTRS is thinking about climate, we must keep up the pressure, especially given that NYSTRS increased their coal holdings by 6.2 million shares as recently as the last quarter of 2020. Please sign the petition to call on the legislature to pass the Teachers’ Fossil Fuel Divestment Act. And ask your legislators to co-sponsor the bill if they haven’t already done so.
NY STATE & CITY BILLS
- Attend Lobby Days in Albany (Volunteer Now)
- Testify at Legislative Hearings (Volunteer Now)
- Check Your City Councillor’s Position on key climate bills
- Check Your State Senator’s & Assembly Person’s Position on key climate bills
- Join NY Renews Coalition. CCPA 100% x 2050 Bill.
- Join 100% x 2030 Bill Coalition. Food & Water Watch (Contact)
- Join 350NYC’s Media Task Force (Contact)
- Follow & Retweet Meteorologist Jeff Baradelli’s Twitter
- Tag Media: #TalkClimateCRISIS #TalkClimateSOLUTIONS
- Join The #ClimateSWARM to retweet and FB birddog (coming soon).
PROTESTS, RALLIES & DIRECT ACTION
- Create Artwork (Volunteer Now)
- Attend Actions (Volunteer Now)
- Organize Actions at meetings (Volunteer Now)
PARTNERSHIPS & EDUCATION
- Invite Us to Your Event (Table/Speak) (Contact Now)
- Help do Outreach to New Partners (Volunteer Now)
DRAWDOWN ACTION: 100 SOLUTIONS
- Watch this video: “Drawdown: The Most Comprehensive Plan Ever Proposed to Reverse Global Warming”
- Join Drawdown Campaign & Eco Challenge
STOP CAMPAIGN DONATIONS BY BIG OIL
- Review The No Fossil Fuel Money Pledge
- Check if your electeds take the NFFM Pledge
- Demand the U.S. House Climate Select Committee members take the NFFM Pledge Contact Chair Rep. Kathy Castor by email or phone (202-225-3376)
PIPELINE RESISTANCE NEW YORK
- Text “Cuomo Mondays” at 877-235-6537 to join Food & Water Watch text swarm every Monday
- Text “Picket” to 718-865-3902 to get fast notice of last minute FWW Actions at Cuomo events
- Tweet Governor Andrew Cuomo to #WalkTheTalkonClimate #StopFossilFuelProjects
- Join Sunrise Movement, Green New Deal, Youth Campaign
- Join Extinction Rebellion, Direct Action Campaign
- Join The Climate Reality Project, Al Gore’s Campaign
- Join ZeroHourNYC, Youth Campaign
|Primary Finance Hashtags:
|General Climate Finance:
|Targets campaigns hashtags: