- Fill out the Action In-Take Form
- Join our Mailing List
- Sign up for our weekly Calendar of Events and Actions
- Join 350NYC FB & Instagram. Twitter @350NYC.org
- Click to Find your Elected Officials
JOIN MONTHLY 350NYC MEETINGS
1st Wed: Local Issues Working Group 7:00-9:00 pm
2nd Wed: Transportation Working Group 7:00-9:00 pm
3rd Wed: Media Task Force 7:00-9:00 pm
4th Wed: General Monthly Meeting 7:00-9:00 pm (First time attendees join at 6:30 for orientation)
All meetings take place via Zoom until we can safely resume our regular meetings at The New York Society for Ethical Culture, 2 W. 64th Street, NY, NY. See our Meeting Calendar for Zoom info.
SWITCH TO 100% GREEN ENERGY NOW
This helps fund 350NYC and leads the transition to renewables! Switching is fast and easy, whether you rent or own. No need to install solar on your roof. You get the same service from your current utility company and maintain the same reliability, but your energy comes from wind or solar.
Fossil Free Federal Reserve Campaign
As part of a global movement demanding banks, insurers, and financial institutions stop the money pipeline to fossil fuels, 350.org launched the Fossil Free Federal Reserve Campaign. On Sept 9th Public Citizen and 350.org delivered more than 40,000 petition signatures encouraging President Joe Biden to nominate a Federal Reserve Board Chair who will prioritize addressing the risks the climate crisis poses to our financial system. And last week Reps. Mondaire Jones, Rashida Tlaib, and Ayanna Pressley introduced the Fossil Free Finance Act in Congress which would require the Federal Reserve to hold big banks accountable for financing fossil fuels.
In the last 5 years, the world’s 60 biggest banks have financed fossil fuels to the tune of $3.8 trillion. Under this legislation, big banks would be required to align their financing with science-based emission targets and our obligations under the Paris Climate Agreement. There are 15 co-sponsors on the bill so far, but we need many more in order to pass this bill in the House.
Please send a message to your representative urging them to co-sponsor the Fossil Free Finance Act.
Contact the New Governor
The last NY State legislative session was disappointing in terms of climate action. Now that Kathy Hochul has been sworn in as the new Governor, it seems important ask for her assistance in fixing this situation. Please leave a message on the governor’s phone machine. (Dial 1-518-474-8390, then 3, then 1) Tell her you are a New York voter and you are disappointed with the small amount of environmental bills which the Assembly moved to the floor last session for a vote. We cannot waste another year.
Sign Up for Curbside Organics Collection
New Yorkers can now sign up for organic pickups in those areas where there was curbside pick-up before. However, even if your building didn’t previously have this service, you should still sign up — and encourage your neighbors to do so as well — to indicate to the Department of Sanitation areas where the service should be expanded. Our ultimate goal is to make this program mandatory city-wide so it’s important to show that there is widespread public support. Sign up
Stop the Money Pipeline Coalition: Deadline Glasgow—Defund Climate Chaos
Sign the Deadline Glasgow petition now and demand that the financial industry & the Biden Administration take transformational climate finance action by November 1st. Our goal is to gather hundreds of thousands of signatures on the petition & to deliver it to hundreds of insurance offices, bank branches, asset manager and pension fund offices & federal targets in September. Sign the petition
Support the Campaign to Divest the New York State Teachers’ Retirement System (NYSTRS)
Even though the legislative session is over, our campaign is showing results. 70 legislators have signed on in support of the bill to divest. NYSTRS, feeling the pressure, agreed to report to the legislature by the end of December on their “climate risk and opportunity analysis as it pertains to our assets”. Although, it’s great news that NYSTRS is thinking about climate, we must keep up the pressure, especially given that NYSTRS increased their coal holdings by 6.2 million shares as recently as the last quarter of 2020. Please sign the petition to call on the legislature to pass the Teachers’ Fossil Fuel Divestment Act. And ask your legislators to co-sponsor the bill if they haven’t already done so.
NY STATE & CITY BILLS
- Attend Lobby Days in Albany (Volunteer Now)
- Testify at Legislative Hearings (Volunteer Now)
- Check Your City Councillor’s Position on key climate bills
- Check Your State Senator’s & Assembly Person’s Position on key climate bills
- Join NY Renews Coalition. CCPA 100% x 2050 Bill.
- Join 100% x 2030 Bill Coalition. Food & Water Watch (Contact)
- Join 350NYC’s Media Task Force (Contact)
- Follow & Retweet Meteorologist Jeff Baradelli’s Twitter
- Tag Media: #TalkClimateCRISIS #TalkClimateSOLUTIONS
- Join The #ClimateSWARM to retweet and FB birddog (coming soon).
PROTESTS, RALLIES & DIRECT ACTION
- Create Artwork (Volunteer Now)
- Attend Actions (Volunteer Now)
- Organize Actions at meetings (Volunteer Now)
PARTNERSHIPS & EDUCATION
- Invite Us to Your Event (Table/Speak) (Contact Now)
- Help do Outreach to New Partners (Volunteer Now)
DRAWDOWN ACTION: 100 SOLUTIONS
- Watch this video: “Drawdown: The Most Comprehensive Plan Ever Proposed to Reverse Global Warming”
- Join Drawdown Campaign & Eco Challenge
STOP CAMPAIGN DONATIONS BY BIG OIL
- Review The No Fossil Fuel Money Pledge
- Check if your electeds take the NFFM Pledge
- Demand the U.S. House Climate Select Committee members take the NFFM Pledge Contact Chair Rep. Kathy Castor by email or phone (202-225-3376)
PIPELINE RESISTANCE NEW YORK
- Text “Cuomo Mondays” at 877-235-6537 to join Food & Water Watch text swarm every Monday
- Text “Picket” to 718-865-3902 to get fast notice of last minute FWW Actions at Cuomo events
- Tweet Governor Andrew Cuomo to #WalkTheTalkonClimate #StopFossilFuelProjects
- Join Sunrise Movement, Green New Deal, Youth Campaign
- Join Extinction Rebellion, Direct Action Campaign
- Join The Climate Reality Project, Al Gore’s Campaign
- Join ZeroHourNYC, Youth Campaign
|Primary Finance Hashtags:
|General Climate Finance:
|Targets campaigns hashtags: