To Change Everything – We Need Everyone!
Sunday, November 29, 2015 @2pm
RALLY AND MARCH – STARTS AT CITY HALL @ 2pm
In the aftermath of the horrific events in Paris, French authorities have said they will not allow the massive march on Nov. 29, the day before the UN Climate Talks begin. However, marches and other climate activities around the world that same weekend will go on and you can be part of that international demand for climate justice here in New York City!
Please join us as we call on Mayor de Blasio to make strong commitments on climate before he goes to the talks in Paris. The climate crisis is real and NYC must take leadership by enacting policies that dramatically reduce our carbon emissions. NYC alone produces more greenhouse gas emissions than 97 countries!
We know it’s a holiday weekend when people often spend time with families. Let’s take a few hours on that Sunday to re-commit ourselves to our global family. Let us gather in a unified call against violence and hatred and for climate justice and peace.
Bring your families and friends!
@ClimateMarch15 #NYCGlobalClimateMarch #KeepItintheGround #COP21
Call to action and details below from Leslie Cagan on behalf of the People’s Climate Movement NY:
- Develop off-shore wind power
- Require all large buildings to be energy efficient
- Divest NYC funds from all fossil fuels
- Convert City-owned buildings to solar and other renewable energy sources
- Provide locally grown foods in city programs and protect our community gardens
- Expand and improve our public mass transit system
- Please send this message to your friends, family, anyone you think might be interested!
- Share the attached leaflet. There is both an English and a Spanish version of the leaflet in the attachment.
- Go to our Facebook Event Page at https://www.facebook.com/events/1656594291289536/ and share that with your Facebook contacts